HP3000-L Archives

October 2008, Week 2

From:
Edward Berner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Edward Berner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 2008 16:23:03 -0400
On Wed, 8 Oct 2008 16:36:45 -0700, Les Finkel <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Does anyone know if there is a windows compliant equivalent of
>TurboStore version C.70.18 B5152 AA.  Or if not, a way to
>programmatically read TurboStore formatted tapes using a Windows based
>system.  I would like to be able to access DLT storage tapes created
>with TurboStore on a windows based system after the e3000 has finally
>come to rest.

Hello,

Take a look at Rosetta Store (though I don't know if it exists for Windows
or if it's HP-UX only).  I've never used it but it certainly sounds interesting.

Rosetta Store
http://www.allegro.com/products/rosetta/index.html
http://www.orbitsw.co.uk/pdfs/RosettaStore-ORBiT-Datasheet.pdf

As for the do it yourself option, I think I recall hearing that the format
is not publicly documented.  Hmmm... yep, here are the discussion threads I
was thinking of:

Store tape format?
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.hp.mpe/browse_thread/thread/ee21fc8dd6327152/6207be88931d7537

Store tape format? (new product announcement)
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.hp.mpe/browse_thread/thread/7f2281e356cbb033/dd47ab5a58956a9e

HP3000 STORE/RESTORE dates
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.sys.hp.mpe/browse_thread/thread/3e3ace8e53151401/23ac582ef59b834b

Hope that helps.