HP3000-L Archives

October 2008, Week 1

From:
Paul Raulerson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Paul Raulerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Oct 2008 20:23:58 -0500
Thanks Donna - you and some other folks pointed out the issue for me,
in simple enough terms even for a hardhead like me to understand.
(Thanks also Stan, Jim, Gordon, Matthew, Craig, Lars, and a few
others...) I have saved all your helpful answers in my HP3K notebook!

The answer of course, was that someone had gotten clever (I am
innocent of that! :)  and made the file a "UDC", which I now
understand is somewhat more than a Unix script file.

Using the Unix utils (i.e rm! ) got rid of the nusiance file, and the
instructions from several others of you on how to zap it out of the
catalog worked the trick. I IPLed the system and it came up without
any hassle, and I can now edit that little file to me hearts content.

Again, I really appreciate the help Donna (and the rest of you!). I
sure am glad you don't mind these rather basic level questions.
I'll surely return the favors anytime I can. :)

Yours,
-Paul