HP3000-L Archives

October 2008, Week 1

From:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 5 Oct 2008 09:14:43 +0200
Paul,

here are two manuals that mention/discusss the SYSSTART file...

  http://invent3k.external.hp.com/~MGR.LROM3K/docs.cgi/BA170790007.11750/63

   Using Your System The User's Guide
   -> "To automate system preparation for use"

  http://invent3k.external.hp.com/~MGR.LROM3K/docs.cgi/B3265090496.13461/18

   System Startup, Configuration, and Shutdown Reference Manual
   -> "Executing commands during system startup"

While the manuals on http://invent3k.external.hp.com/~MGR.LROM3K/
are somewhat older than those at http://docs.hp.com, they sometimes
may be easier to search (because there are only MPE manuals) and
faster to view/reference (because they are plain HTML only). Some
of the older manuals are also missing at the docs.hp.com site.

Lars.

PS... as someone else already mentioned, SYSSTART.PUB.SYS needs to
reside on disk LDEV 1 as it is used during the boot process. It also
should be owned (edited) by MANAGER.SYS only, as far as I recall.

How many disks in MPEXL_SYSTEM_VOLUME_SET does DSTAT ALL show on your
system? If there is only one, you need no special steps to make sure
the file is on LDEV 1. If there are more than one, we may suggest you
some copy commands to move the file to LDEV 1.