HP3000-L Archives

October 2008, Week 1

From:
Dave Vorgang <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dave Vorgang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2008 09:44:57 -0700
We are just going through that process right now.

Our N4000 started its low battery alarm last Thursday morning.  We turned the alarm off and ordered new batteries.  Monday morning our system crashed - I guess when the battery dies your system dies.

We then went behind our HP and bypassed the battery.  That got us running again.

We ordered and installed an APC backup and are still waiting for our batteries to arrive.

Craig, you mentioned that replacing the batteries are a PITA.  What is the difficult part?

Thanks,

Dave Vorgang
Senior Programmer / Analyst
Medford School District - Information Technology
(541) 842-1021