HP3000-L Archives

October 2008, Week 1

From:
Jack Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jack Connor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2008 08:16:19 -0700
The usual suspects are the LOG####.PUB.SYS and NMLG####.PUB.SYS (where
the #s are digits 0-9).  These can be purged by PURGE LOG####.PUB.SYS
and PURGE NMLG####.PUB.SYS.

Also, you may have a number of old/large spool files; the files in the
group OUT.HPSPOOL. I don't recommend just purging these as there is
linkage to a table known as the ODD (output device directory); if you
have MPEX, I believe it has the proper logic to correctly delete
spoolfles.  Otherwise, you could use SPIFF or the SPF commands to clean
up these files.

Check in the DAT.TELESUP group for @MEM and @VAR files; these are memory
dump files, which, if they aren't current, should be deleted.

There may well be files may be created by your application, such as
transaction logs (not IMAGE logs) or similar audit/intermediate files.
One would have to know the application's operation to make any
recommendations in that arena.

HPTH...
Jack