HP3000-L Archives

October 2008, Week 1

From:
"Simpkins, Terry" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Simpkins, Terry
Date:
Fri, 3 Oct 2008 09:18:14 -0400
Brice correctly (ain't it a shame) observes:

"The pork goes in, or the bill does not get enough votes to pass."

Whatever happened to being honorable and 'doing the right thing' for the
country?

If we could just make a 'rule' that a bill can only address 1 thing.  If
you want to add spending, it has to go on a separate piece
of legislation all by itself.  At least we'd get visibility, and a vote
would have to be taken on that single issue.  No room to hide and say 'I
was voting on the bigger issue....'  (blah blah blah)

Terry W. Simpkins
office: +1 757-766-4278