HP3000-L Archives

September 2008, Week 4

From:
Brian Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2008 18:31:25 -0400
In a message dated 9/22/2008 3:11:43 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

Sounds like you are lucky...

I don't consider it luck. I'm just working with a solid piece of hardware,
and mostly solid software. The not so solid (HP mostly) software I can
always get around.

All the bugs I have discovered so far I know HP will never fix now. Example:
The MPE store has a date/time bug in it that they will never fix. So, I
wrote a front end to the :STORE command that will check the date AND time
stamps on a fileset before submitting it for the dump to tape. I already
posted this info on the HP3000-L quite some time ago.

My 3rd party vendor software Vesoft and Adager works perfectly. Well, my
copy of Adager works perfectly. My version of MPEX has bugs in it but Vesoft
want money to give me an updated copy of it which I won't give them. So I go
with what I have and write stuff on my own like my own version of their
security system. I never use it though as I have a helluva time trying to
remember the stupid passwords!

Brian.