HP3000-L Archives

September 2008, Week 2

From:
Mark Landin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Landin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2008 14:38:43 -0500
Although this isn't about Sarah Palin or energy policy, I hope someone
is in the mood to read it anyway. :)

We are strongly considerng replacing our 939/020 running a Nike Mod 20
with an A-class running one of the VA7xxxx arrays.

What are the current 'best practices' in configuring the VA arrays for
the best redundancy and the best performance on MPE boxes? Do you
build a one large pool and carve out LDEV's? If so, how many? Do you
explicitly define LDEV 1 as a RAID 1 or RAID 10? Does it matter? Can
MPE do HAFO on dual-controller/dual HBA models?

(Note to vendors: This is not a solicitation for quotes. I already
have a number of vendors I work with and am not interesting in
expanding my "circle of trust" at this time.)
--
"If hard work were such a wonderful thing, you'd think rich people
would have kept it all for themselves" - Lane Kirkland