HP3000-L Archives

September 2008, Week 2

From:
Jeff Cox <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 11 Sep 2008 10:40:35 -0400
Jeff,

I am glad to know that someone else on this list is mindful of this day
and the horrific events that happened seven years ago.

As political as this group tends to be, I am surprised yours was the
first on this topic.  Then again, this event has nothing to do with
politics, so perhaps some don't care.

I remember how this single event galvanized this country: we weren't
left-wingers or right-wingers, Democrats or Republicans, liberals or
conservatives on 9/12.  We were AMERICANS.

In this election year with all the political rhetoric in the media and
all the campaign bull*** flying around, I mourn for the death of our
American Spirit, our love of country and countrymen, and support for our
government to do its job.

We lost our innocence seven years ago...and no one cares.

Jeff