HP3000-L Archives

September 2008, Week 2

From:
Mark Wonsil <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Wonsil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2008 12:27:19 -0400
> AMERICANS appear eager for real change in Washington and for their
> politicians to work across party lines. Heres a proposal that could
> accomplish both: Decentralize the executive branch of government.

While Mr. Everson is talking about decentralizing government geographically
(not a bad idea) there was also talk in an Economics Blog about the role of
money in politics and decentralizing power as well.

From Dr. Russell Roberts (Economics George Mason University):

"...There are two ways to reduce the connection between politicians and
money. One is to reduce the role of money. The other is to reduce the role
of politicians. I choose the latter. I contend that reducing the role of
money of politics in order to make politics more honest is like trying to
make airplanes safer by reducing the role of gravity. Let's get money out of
politics by making politicians less powerful."

From:
http://cafehayek.typepad.com/hayek/2008/09/money-and-polit.html