HP3000-L Archives

September 2008, Week 2

From:
Robert Mills <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Mills <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Sep 2008 10:58:44 +0100

I have recently started using PsPad (free from www.pspad.com) as my
local editor and have been very impressed with it.

Using it to edit:

* shell scripts and oracle stored procedures on a Sun Solaris box.
* Cobol/PowerHouse source, command files, jobstreams on our HPe3000.
* Java source on a Windows box.

Features include: Work on several documents at the same time, Built-in
FTP client allowing you to edit files directly over the Internet,
Macros, Scripting via Windows Scripting Host (VBScript and JScript),
Syntax highlighting, View file differences with colour highlighting (one
of the best I have ever used), and a Full HEX editor.

And NO, I don't have any connection with them. Just a happy user.

regards,

Robert W.Mills
Business Systems Development Analyst
Group Information Systems & Technology