HP3000-L Archives

August 2008, Week 4

From:
"Johnson, Tracy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johnson, Tracy
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 2008 09:34:22 -0400
The ;LISTDIR option is perfectly safe and can be used "without fear."

But since you mentioned not wanting to see the files, before issuing the
RESTORE command, you should be able to issue a file equation to $NULL
for formal file SYSLIST, thus:

:FILE SYSLIST; DEV=$NULL

(Although I've never done it.)  But what will probably happen is you may
not get to see the other info as well.

I'd rather send it deferred at a priority of 1:

:FILE SYSLIST; DEV=LP,1,1

And then look at the top of the deferred output later.

Tracy Johnson
Measurement Specialties Inc.
BT

NNNN