HP3000-L Archives

August 2008, Week 4

From:
"Walter J. Murray" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Walter J. Murray
Date:
Tue, 26 Aug 2008 07:43:11 -0700
Greetings,

Please share this with anyone who might be interested and qualified.

The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR)
intends to procure the services of several contractors in the Enterprise
Information Services group, including one programmer analyst with strong
HP-3000 skills.

The duration of the contract is expected to be at least 18 months.  The
work will be performed at the CDCR data center in Rancho Cordova,
California.

The contractor selected will need to have strong programming skills in
the HP-3000 MPE environment using COBOL, TurboIMAGE, and VPLUS.
Familiarity with PowerHouse 4GL would be valuable.

The individual will work in the Distributed Data Processing System
(DDPS) unit, which maintains several key applications running on HP-3000
servers located in prisons throughout the state and in the data center.

I am leaving on vacation now, and will not be able to answer any
questions until after I return late next week, but wanted to get the
word out as soon as possible.

Walter

Walter J. Murray