HP3000-L Archives

August 2008, Week 2

From:
John Bawden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Bawden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Aug 2008 18:58:58 -0700
I'm supporting a client that is having a problem with hung sessions in a Quick screen. User will log on and go from the main menu to a subsystem menu and then choose another screen option and their session just hangs. I had one user log in and reproduce the problem while I was monitoring with Glance and could see activity running the Quick screens until the hand. Then no disc or CPU activity and focusing in on the process found it was in a 100% long wait state on a terminal read running VTSERVER.NET.SYS. There were no impedes and no database locks and no other application users on the system. I've asked them a few more question to follow up on like is this the only screen that causes the hang and will it do it every time and am waiting for those answers.
They did a start norecovery a few weeks back and it started in right way after they were up again. I've run nettool and resources are fine.
Has anyone ever run into something like this and if so, do you remember what it took to resolve it? I've never seen anything like it before.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions or directions to look further.
 John Bawden
Homestead3000 Consulting
MPE Forever