HP3000-L Archives

August 2008, Week 1

From:
Brett Forsyth <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brett Forsyth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 2008 13:15:16 -0400
Here is a idea from a old time CE - sounds like you locked up your Ldev 1
initially.  If you have not powered down the CPU since then, not a reset but
an actual power down of 30 seconds or greater, this drive will remain locked
up and not be seen by mapper or the low level boot system.  Hope you have
not gone too far on your path to recovery, but your disk (Ldev 1) may not be
bad - just temporarily inaccessable.  I have seen this many times over the last
400 years - a neat thing about SCSI-2.

Good luck and feel free to contact me if you need any help.
Brett / CTS Arizona / 602.315.6018 / [log in to unmask]