HP3000-L Archives

August 2008, Week 1

From:
Brian Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Aug 2008 21:47:09 -0400
To One And All:

Thanks for all the detailed info.

Yes, it became painfully obvious that the "I" spoolfiles are not dynamically
locked and that is what was causing my HPFOPEN the grief it was getting. So
for the "I" (or "O") spoolfiles I do not lock and just open, read until EOF
and then FCLOSE the file (zero disposition). All other files I read I do
locking and use the good old FOPEN which works for me just great.

Also, I inserted the "-" as a delimiter at the beginning and end of the file
name
to be opened and this worked great.

Thanks for all the help I received from one and all. Your input helped me solve
this problem.

Brian.