HP3000-L Archives

July 2008, Week 2

From:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Stan Sieler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 14 Jul 2008 12:48:29 -0700
Re:
> I am trying to get pthreads to work on MPE 6.5. My system has DCE as well as
> a separate pthread library(this is standard I think). Every time I try to
> launch a thread using pthread_create I get this error:
> what is the correct include order for this things?
>
> Here is the error that is thrown:
>
> **** ESCAPE executed outside of TRY block; CODE = FFFB0063 (UNWIND 9).
>
> ABORT: PROGRAM.SYS

The first thing to do is to investigate what's aborting, and why ...
*way* before even considering asking about threads :)

Here's how:

   :stackdump
   :run ....your program....

then, when/if it aborts, you'll be given a stack trace and will be
left in DEBUG.  At this abort, enter "ABORT" to terminate the process and
exit DEBUG.  Post the stack trace.  We'll probably ask for more debug
info the next time, but this is start.

Stan

--
Stan Sieler