HP3000-L Archives

July 2008, Week 2

From:
donna hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 2008 14:23:56 -0700
If all that he wants to do is backup the database, then store is fine.
otoh, if backup+ or backpack are available, there's no reason to not use
them.  all three products will do backups to disc (which I should think
that's what he'd want to do).  if the database is huge or if free space is
tight or the OS is old...the recommendations may change.

one good thing to do if possible is make a small test database to play with
-- and get it in a separate account.  the horror of impacting production is
very scary.

rtfm: http://docs.hp.com/en/36217-90410/36217-90410.pdf

  - donna

---