HP3000-L Archives

July 2008, Week 1

From:
"Hoxsie, Howard" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Hoxsie, Howard
Date:
Mon, 7 Jul 2008 14:27:24 -0700
I agree with Wirt that the information is out there, if only we would
bother to tune our sets away from CSI-whatever to find them.  I guess my
point, if I had bothered to be more specific, was that the Katrina
disaster was inescapable through the mainstream media, whereas it was
pretty easy to miss for the situation in Iowa.

What I call an "observation", and Wirt seems to refer to as a "peculiar
prejudice" is an opinion, which I mentioned at the end of my comment,
and which was not selected in Wirt's response.  So the question I have,
and it is just an opinion, is whether or not the response was offered in
the same spirit or whether it in itself was a peculiar prejudice?

I have a good deal of respect for Wirt and what he has contributed to
our community, but in this case I disagree with his analysis.

Thanks,
Howard