HP3000-L Archives

July 2008, Week 1

From:
"Peter M. Eggers" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peter M. Eggers
Date:
Sat, 5 Jul 2008 16:47:01 -0700
I have no love for the Democrats.  Clinton tended to go on a tear
without having considered all sides of an issue up front and then
staying the course.  He also increased police powers of snooping
through citizen's personal affairs, records, and digital
corespondence.  I'm not sure how Kenneth Starr figured that a semen
stained dress had anything to do with Clinton's involvement in the
Whitewater real estate deal, but I guess when he had spent 10s of
millions of tax payer dollars, he might have been desperate to find
something to show for it.  Starr apparently demanded access to all the
Clinton personal correspondence (nice to see the Clintons sampling
some of their own medicine!), and wouldn't have been surprised if he
could have proven that the Clinton's underwear changing habits were
not Presidential, but a sex scandal certainly trumps underwear habits
as far as public interest.  I don't know if Clinton lied to defend
Monica or he was worried about Hillary going Bobbitt (remember
Lorena?) on him, but at least his lies didn't mortgage America's
future, and get thousands of Americans killed and 10s of thousands
seriously mainmed for life.  I used to think the Clintons were pretty
smart, though misguided at times, but how could a couple of top
American lawyers not know about or understand EXECUTIVE PRIVLIDGE?  I
guess it takes a real genius like Dick and his minions to really
comprehend the possibilities!  Though, I wonder if Dick has figured
out whether he is or is not part of the executive branch yet?

I also blame the Democrats at least in part for the George Jr.
presidency.  How could the fact that George Jr. failed at every
business venture that he ever tried, even with the help of some very
rich and successful friends of the Bush family setting him up in
multiple businesses not be rellavent to running a country?  I guess it
goes to show what it really takes to be a politician!  In this case,
being a head cheerleader, class clown, self proclaimed "Stickball
Commissioner", and having a lot of "cool" friends are the educational
prerequisets for becoming the President of the United States.  I
suppose that this description fit too many elected Democrats to
mention.

But, the thing that really burns me is how he made his money.  Not the
"old fashioned way" as you may have guessed:
(http://www.angelfire.com/ok5/pearly/htmls/bush-sec5.html
http://espn.go.com/mlb/bush/timeline.html) taxpayer money!  Though
this deal was brought up in his Texas gubernatorial campaign, somehow
he managed to still get elected.  Maybe Karl Rove is the real Brain,
bending otherwise thinking individuals to his will through devious
political ploys.  I can't see how George Jr. could have gotten elected
to any responsible position to begin with, and definitely not
reelected!  Seems less government and less taxes is only a
conservative slogan these days to sell snake oil!

Yet, there are individuals with integrity that do get elected.  I
think Gordon Smith is one, and though I never would have believed I
would ever support a clergyman, let alone a Southern Baptist, I think
Mike Huckabee was a great Arkansas governor.  Though I am disappointed
that Colin Powell finally caved into the administration before he left
the State Dept., I would still support him, if he chose to run for
President.

Pete