HP3000-L Archives

July 2008, Week 1

From:
donna hofmeister <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 1 Jul 2008 16:47:07 -0700
I wrote a script that sorta does what you're asking....

I'd find the spoolfile I was after (which was in a create state)....read it
until eof....wait for a minute...and then read again...processing any new
records.

sounds pretty easy...except that there's a problem with trying to read until
eof on active spoolfiles.  you'll sometimes get cierr 900.  which (according
to hp) is just how it is.  spoolfiles may look normal...but they're really
not.  (does that mean they're abnormal? :-)

trying to script around it wasn't too bad.  just one of those 'gotchas' that
you need to now about.   - d

---
Donna Hofmeister
Allegro Consultants, Inc.