HP3000-L Archives

June 2008, Week 4

From:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 2008 08:43:04 -0700
--- On Wed, 6/25/08, Daniel Griffin <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I just joined today and I have a question. I am attempting to use
CREATEPROCESS to run other programs. How do I get return codes from
whatever CREATEPROCESS runs(i.e. a C program)? I have looked at
GETPROCINFO and PROCINFO and neither have been very useful. Can anyone
point me in the right direction or tell me if this is even possible? Do
return codes have the same meaning on MPE as they do on
Linux/Windows/Solaris?

Hey Daniel,

Let me be the first to welcome you to this old bunch of techies/propeller heads.

Sometimes we even discuss technical  issues, but I must warn you... most of us have 20+ years experience, so we have solved most technical issues.  Now we spend most our time bashing each other over global warming etc....   In the many years I have been here, I have yet to see anyone change their position.

Now on to your question...  I downloaded the Intrinisics manual from here
http://docs.hp.com/en/32650-90905/32650-90905.pdf

On page 83 there is the documentation for the CREATEPROCESS intrinsic, it says to check the createstatus parameter.

The manuals are actually very good, and if you look I am sure you can find examples listed.

Good luck, keep the questions coming, it relives the boredom, and slows the off topic discussions.

-Craig