HP3000-L Archives

June 2008, Week 3

From:
Duane Percox <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Duane Percox <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 2008 15:44:28 -0700
John Lee wrote:

>A client site of ours has a print job set to print every
>night, serial line printer off a DTC, MPE 6.0.  This morning,
>the print job looked like it performed, paper had advanced
>through the printer, except there was no print on the pages,
>no printhead marks, nothing.  The paper had simply advanced
>in a normal fashion, but no printstrokes.  It may have been
>operator error, but I'm wondering if anyone has experienced
>anything similar?

Not sure what printer model you are referencing, but I have seen
this when the platten was adjusted to account for multiple-part
paper (or card stock) when printing on single-part paper.

This also can occur when the platten is adjusted to help put in
new paper and the operator fails to reset the platten to the
correct position.

duane