HP3000-L Archives

June 2008, Week 3

From:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2008 18:25:40 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Roy Brown
Sent: Wednesday, June 18, 2008 4:04 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [HP3000-L] Carly in the news

In message <000f01c8d014$e2b38bc0$a81aa340$@net>, Denys Beauchemin
<[log in to unmask]> writes
>Hey let's all play pop psychologist.

Or unlike Carly, put our degree to practical use.

>Roy suffers from blindness and BBCitis, an inflammation of the brain
>due to its continued exposure to one-sided propaganda presented as
>"News."

Pop physician, heal thyself :-)

[DPB] My thoughts exactly.

But FWIW, I get my news mostly from The Times these days.

[DPB] And this is better because...

>The reason, I am not suffering from Cognitive dissonance or ambivalence, is
>simply because I am not defending Carly, I think she sold herself to the HP
>board to execute their plans and she did not realize that she would be
>dropped like a bad habit as soon as things got difficult.  It was
>predictable; she had no beliefs of her own here, she was just a figurehead.

Carly the sock puppet? That seems hard to believe.

[DPB]  That's ok, the Democrat candidate for President is another sock
puppet.  They seem to be popular this century.

>A great choice indeed.

Politics in a nutshell.
[DPB] Indeed it is.

>I do not support Carly, but unlike you and many others here, I refuse to
>assign her all the blame for the demise of the HP3000.  Yes, it happened
>under her watch, but she did not initiate it; that was started long ago,
>within HP itself, before anyone there had ever heard the name Carly Fiorina
>(not Soprano, are you suffering from the onset of dementia or are you just
>playing games with her Italian-sounding name?)

Neither. But her resemblance to the actress who played Carmella Soprano
is striking. And the theme of a power struggle among dysfunctional
people echoes the program also....

[DPB] I'll have to give you the benefit of the doubt here, I have never
watched that program.

>In a different universe, it would have been a different universe.  Only
>children play such guessing games.  Adults deal with reality.

The attempted effect of your very patronising remark here is entirely
negated by its manifest untruth.

[DPB] Adults do not deal with reality in the UK?  That explains things.  I
wish we had adults in charge in Congress.  Heck, I'd even be happy with
pre-pubescent teenagers.

Denys