HP3000-L Archives

June 2008, Week 3

From:
Nigel Skeet <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nigel Skeet <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jun 2008 11:32:15 -0400
Hi all,

Can someone confirm if the OPENS with maestro does or doesn't follow MPE
security routines ?

Let me try and explain.

I've a schedule ( or 3 ) that performs an OPENS of a file outside the CCC
account. Now what I thought was Maestro just checks for the existence of
the file, checking the manual it says :

"Maestro checks for the existence of the file, and exclusive read access, to
satisfy the file dependency"

Thing is does maestro try opening the file or just checking that no one else is
accessing it ? If it's across accounts then the normal file / group / account
security could stop it unless the file is released or granted the ANY access. If
it just checks for the existence and if anyone is accessing then that could be
performed without hitting the security violation.

Reason I'm asking is these schedules don't appear to have anything special
apart from the OPENS of this cross account file, thing is they aren't running
automatically unless they are released ( schedules that is not the OPENS
trigger files ).

Any ideas anyone ?

TIA.

Nige...