HP3000-L Archives

June 2008, Week 2

From:
Gary Robillard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gary Robillard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 2008 11:28:04 -0600
Hi David,

Subsys 145 is Secondary Storage Manager (disk)

The SA 1740 is:

$5 ($47) nmdebug > =errmsg(#1740,#98)
'FILL_ALLOCATED_SEC_STORAGE - FILL_DISC returned an error.'
$6 ($47) nmdebug >

The SA 2052 is:

$4 ($47) nmdebug > = errmsg (#2052,#98)
'The system failed due to corruptions in either the secondary storage
maps,the
file label or extent block informations for a file. This problem is very
likely
 caused by broken (disk or controller) hardware.'

During boot are there disks that did not mount?

Look at the paths that are not available after the msg "Entering - system
I/O configuration" and also look for any error messages after "Entering -
Mount all volumes" on the console before the system abort(s).

It could be an actual hardware problem or a drive or file may have been
corrupted during the power failure.

You might try a START NORECOVERY NOSYSSTART if all drives are mounting in
case it is a file that is bad (KSAM,MSG file, etc.).

If 'START NORECOVERY NOSYSSTART' allows the system to boot you can run an
FSCHECK.MPEXL.TELESUP with the 'checkall all' command to see if there are
file label problems.  Some of the output is pretty terse.

You should rebuild any MSG files and recover your KSAM files that may have
been open when the system failed with KSAMUTIL.  Once that is done you could
try the 'START NORECOVERY' again.

If it is a hw problem, obviously that will need to be corrected, followed by
a reinstall/restore from your last known good CSLT and backup tapes.

If it is a drive table corruption problem and the drives are physically OK,
then you are likely looking at a reinstall/restore from your last known good
CSLT and backup tapes.

If you can boot to ISL and use ODE to look at the system IO map that should
help (but you would need to know what devices were there when the system was
working)...

You will probably get more recommendations from the list depending on what
you find...

Thanks,

Gary