HP3000-L Archives

June 2008, Week 1

From:
Matthew Perdue <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew Perdue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2008 18:18:10 -0500
Jim Phillips asked:

Does anyone have any updates on MPE emulation?  The last I heard SRI and/or
Allegro and/or Strobe Data were hot on this.  I am assuming the lack of news
in this area indicates a cooling of the desire on their part(s)...

d replied:

patience, grasshopper ;-)

these things take time....of course, if you wanted to LOUDLY ENCOURAGE
hp...don't let me stop you ;-)   - d
---
and I add:

Discussions with HP are progressing on this, and of course I'd like them to
go just a bit faster. :) SRI, Allegro, Strobe Data and OpenMPE are in the
process of delivering NDA's to Jeff Bandle. There have already been meetings
held with Jeff as HP's representative on this issue, and some questions have
been resolved. Many more remain, of course.

Emulator license issues are being resolved first before technical issues are
addressed. The simple reason: you don't want to put time, effort and money
into an emulator project only to find out later that any licenses necessary
in the future are too restrictive or cause problems that can be avoided at
the start of the project.

Everyone involved will continue working towards emulator availability. Feel
free of course to donate dollars to the cost of this project. :)