HP3000-L Archives

June 2008, Week 1

From:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 3 Jun 2008 12:28:13 -0700

From: Brian Donaldson &lt;[log in to unmask]&gt;
Subject: Re: OT: Sign of the times
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 2:11 PM

Sign of the times indeed.

Recently, I went to go to the grocery store. As I started up my truck for the
short two mile drive to the local Ralphs I was overwhelmed by the ghastly
*ROAR* coming from underneath the chassis of my little Toyota truck. I
switched off the ignition and crawled underneath the truck to see what was
going on.

Would you believe that some dirtbag in the night had relieved my truck of its
catalytic converter! This is no joke! A new replacement cost over $700....

Brian,I used to have a 1994 Ford Explorer.  Ford, would put a full size spare underneath the rear.Thieves quickly learned, they could strech the cable holding on the tire, then steal the tire.
It was very easy to spot cars that had the tire removed, the holder was dangling underneath thecar.&nbsp;It really pissed me off, I had to buy a lock for the spare tire.&nbsp;-Craig&nbsp;