HP3000-L Archives

May 2008, Week 4

From:
Matthew Perdue <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew Perdue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 May 2008 14:50:08 -0500
Walter asks (in part):

"I want something that's like a cross between an unconditional and a
conditional lock request.  I'd like to issue a lock request using this
new mode, and specifying a time interval, e.g., 15 seconds."

Would it suit your purposes to have the conditional lock attempt within
either a 1) timed loop or 2) a max iteration loop or 3) a hybrid of both?

e.g.:

perform lock-loop until lock-successful or counter > max
if lock-successful
   other processing.
if counter > max
  other processing.