HP3000-L Archives

May 2008, Week 4

From:
Tracy Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tracy Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 May 2008 20:48:07 -0700
bicycles are nice, but that's not your question.  you have a cap, so
your tailgate's closed.

2wd of course, but what gear doesn't matter near so much as how wide
open's the throttle.  you probably don't need 1st gear at all, but
lugging's no good.  shift when you don't need the power of the gear
you're in.  pressure on the gas pedal, any gear, squeezes your wallet.
if you have to press harder to keep going after shifting, you shifted
too soon.  think turtle, not rabbit, when the light turns green.

if your compressor's coming on frequently with ac off, you have a leak
in the ac internals; it's trying to maintain pressure.  unplug the
pressure switch and it will run all the time; unplug the compressor
itself and it won't, but you're still turning its pulley.  you can
bypass the compressor by getting a no-a/c belt.

whether FirstOnRaceDay or FoundOnRoadDead, it's no economy car; the bus
will save you money, and you might enjoy the ride - you can read instead
of drive.