HP3000-L Archives

May 2008, Week 4

From:
"John K." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John K.
Date:
Mon, 26 May 2008 23:12:46 -0400
It is with great sadness that I must find a new home for an HP 3000.

Last fall I received a 957sx.  I had great plans for it, but
finances, space, and job hunting took their toll, and so it has spent
the past several months in storage in my basement, awaiting assembly.

Now I am in a situation where I have to move and I have to find a new
home for the 957sx, and in a couple of weeks, some "classic" HP 3000
gear (more on that another time).

I would really prefer to find it a new home, but I'm limited in time,
and it must go and soon.  If I can't find a new home for it, I'll
have to deliver it to the electronics recycling center, and I'd
really hate for that to happen.

Here is the inventory from when I obtained it.  The equipment is
unracked, as the rack is quite heavy by itself.  If you have a Ford
Expedition or similar vehicle, you can take it all in one load.

Inventory:
+ 957sx, 768Mb RAM, 64 user Image
+ 1 Parallan LVD - HVD SCSI converter, so you can use newer drives with it.
+ 1 48 port terminal serial box
+ 3 drive cages w/power supply
+ 2 extra SCSI cards
+ 2 DAT drives, 1 DDS-3, 1 DDS-2
+ Terminal
+ 19" rack
+ Tapes that came with the system.

I really want this to go as a complete system, not piece by piece, so
those who will take the whole system will take priority.

If you can give it a new home, please contact me.

My current situation limits me to checking email only in the
evenings, but I will be checking email each evening.

John
*** When replying to this message, please do not delete these ***
*** signature lines. Otakon Katsucon HP3000-L @classiccmp.org ***
*** DigitalCosplay.com    JohnKorbPhoto.com                   ***