HP3000-L Archives

May 2008, Week 4

From:
"John K." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John K.
Date:
Fri, 23 May 2008 21:26:07 -0400
Depending upon the construction of your home/apartment, try loading
up the gutter and/or downspout.  If you have a ridge vent, that works
pretty well too.  You'll need a good SWR meter and may have to "play"
with your setup a bit to get the SWR acceptable.  Be sure to start
off at low power, particularly if you are using solid state
finals.  I run my old Heathkit SB-102 into almost anything.  The
6146B finals are getting a little expensive, so I try to be kind to
them, but the rig just keeps going and going and going - sort of like
an HP 3000...

John - Dabaya Bee Fore Pee Bee Eye