HP3000-L Archives

May 2008, Week 3

From:
"Bob J." <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bob J.
Date:
Thu, 15 May 2008 13:28:11 -0400
I disagree with one point that Brett makes. His advice is not all
that self serving. It has become common for HP3000 system
management to be laid off after their system is retired. I see quite
a few competent people lose their jobs even though they thought
their position was secure i.e. they had other duties, they were
friends with the owner, affirmative action, etc. Using a TPM company
to improve reliability and reduce costs takes off some of the
pressure to retire that old HP3000 that works well and is paid for.

Bob J. (27 years with HP3000 hardware support) -- Ideal Computer Services
http://www.icsgroup.net