HP3000-L Archives

May 2008, Week 1

From:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Craig Lalley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 May 2008 08:52:46 -0700
Joe Barnett <[log in to unmask]> wrote: Found the resolution.
Turns out the SCSI cable between the FWSCSI card and tape drive was the issue.  The cable was long and was coiled up on the floor causing the problem.  I replaced it with a shorter one and it all works fine now.  We got the long cable with it because we have space issues in the computer room and could place it furter away from the system.  When I tested it with a HPUX system I streatched the cable out reducing the number of coils.  Amazing how these things turn out

My general rule of thumb has always been, with SCSI, the shorter the cable the better.

-Craig