HP3000-L Archives

April 2008, Week 5

From:
Mike Reaser <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Reaser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Apr 2008 14:26:28 -0400
Since it seems that That OTHER Job Thread has turned somewhat, um,
contentious, let me try a new thread.  :-)

Does anyone have any leads on either 3000-based jobs (yeah, right!) or, at
least, any 3000/9000 conversion jobs, specifically anywhere in the greater
Toronto, ON, area?  Places as far "out" as Hamilton, Kitchener, Waterloo
and/or Guelph to the west, Whitby or Oshawa to the east, and Newmarket,
Aurora or even Sutton to the north, are all fine.

My "3-6 month contract" with Vanderbilt University for converting one of their
larger application pacakges from MPE to HPUX is coming to an end on Friday,
almost **17** months to the day after it started.  Thus, it's time to consider,
once again, what I want to be when I grow up.  And, one of the things my
partner and I have considered the strongest is moving from Nashville to The
Great White North.  :-)

I worked in the Atlanta RC from when it opened in 1984 until early 1998, then
was with an HP3000 vendor for another 8 years (SEDC aka Southeastern Data
Cooperative, of Tucker, GA).  I have 29 years of experience on the HP3000,
and just over 20 with the HP9000.  I've previously taught SE-level internals
classes on IMAGE, TurboIMAGE, KSAM and VPlus, so I'm more than somewhat
familiar with The HP3000's Usual Problem Children.  :-)

If anyone has any leads in the GTA please reply to this message, or send an
email to [log in to unmask]

Thanks!

P.S.  If the Toni who opened That OTHER Jobs Thread is who I think they are,
he and I have worked together in the past.  If you hire him, you'll get a good
employee.  :-)