HP3000-L Archives

April 2008, Week 5

From:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Apr 2008 09:22:34 -0500
Ok.  I've played with a lot of DLTs on the 3000, but this was now some years
ago.  My current 3000 has a DDSIII on it; it's a small system.

The DLT8000 has not been manufactured in maybe a lustrum, so I'm not quite
sure where you got this one new.  Or maybe it's new to you.  The tape drives
now are SDLTII or DLT VS160 or some form of LTO.  Also, HVD-SCSI is so last
century.

At any rate, the heads on the DLT drives do get used up depending on the
media used.  I forget which one was more abrasive.

I would try another drive, if possible.

What model DDS drive do you have and how much do you need to backup?

Denys...