HP3000-L Archives

April 2008, Week 3

From:
Matthew Perdue <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew Perdue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 Apr 2008 12:16:42 -0500
Quoting Craig Lalley:

The robin flies up to the window, and keeps trying.
For several weeks there has been a finch that will fly into my kitchen
window, or one of the living room windows when he/she sees someone inside.
The bird does this repeatedly, but only on the side of the house where I put
seed out for the wild birds. I've observed the bird does this only when
almost all the seed is gone. My thought is this bird has learned, like
Pavlov's dogs, hitting and fluttering against the windows gets the food.