HP3000-L Archives

April 2008, Week 3

From:
Wyell Grunwald <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 18 Apr 2008 16:20:48 +0000
Disk Shuffle - sounds like some sort of Adager command !
I have a HP 3000 928RX that has 6.5 on it with the following disk configuration:
9 Gb internal drive - LDEV 1 (only 4 Gb recognized) MPEXL_SYSTEM_VOLUME_SET
9 Gb internal drive - LDEV 2 (all 9 Gb recognized) MPEXL_SYSTEM_VOLUME_SET
1.9 Gb external drive - LDEV 523 EXTRA_EXTERNAL_VOLUME_SET
1.9 Gb external drive - LDEV 524 EXTRA_EXTERNAL_VOLUME_SET
I would like to go through the nasty process of switching the LDEV 1 drive with the LDEV 523 drive, so that I have use of the 4 Gb of space that is unrecognized (no, I cannot go to MPE 7.5).  All drives are SCSI connected.  Does this sound like I could do this ?  Below is a sketching of the steps to do this - did I leave anything out ?
1)  Make sure that all the essential files can fit on 1.9 Gb (which I think they will according the the OS installation manual)
2)  Run BULDACCT @
3)  Stop all jobs, background processes, network, etc.
4)  STORE @[log in to unmask]@;*T;DIRECTORY;SHOW to 2 separate tapes
5)  Purge all ACCOUNTS on EXTRA_EXTERNAL_VOLUME_SET
6)  VSCLOSE EXTRA_EXTERNAL_VOLUME_SET
7)  VOLUTIL, SCRATCHVOL both disks in EXTRA_EXTERNAL_VOLUME_SET
8)  SYSGEN, IO, DDEV 523, DDEV 524, HO, E, KE, TAPE (make 2 SLT tapes), E
9)  ctrl-A SHUTDOWN, power off
10)  physically swap the LDEV 523 disk with the LDEV 1 disk
11)  swap the SCSI addresses on the disks in step 10 above ?
12)  disconnect SCSI cable for external drives
13)  boot the box from SLT tape created above in step 8
14)  INSTALL
15)  Reboot box from new LDEV 1 (primary path)
16)  ISL> START NORECOVERY NOSYSSTART CONFIG=CONFG9X8 (This is so that it will not remember the old disk configuration)
17)  ctrl-A, SHUTDOWN
18)  re-attach SCSI cable for external drives
19)  Reboot box from primary path
20)  ISL> START NORECOVERY NOSYSTART
21)  SYSGEN, IO, add all paths, devices back in, HO, E, KE, E
22)  ctrl-A, SHUTDOWN
23)  Reboot box from primary path
24)  ISL> START NORECOVERY NOSYSSTART
25)  VOLUTIL, NEWSET command to re-create EXTRA_EXTERNAL_VOLUME_SET
26)  SHUTDOWN / Reboot neccessary ?
27)  From store tape created in step 4 above, RESTORE *T;[log in to unmask];SHOW;OLDDATE
28)  OPENQ LP, STREAMS 10, Stream BULDJOB1.PUB (To re-create all accounts, users, groups)
29)  From store tape created in step 4 above, RESTORE *T;@[log in to unmask]@;SHOW;OLDDATE;KEEP;PROGRESS=1;CREATE
30)  STREAM BULDJOB2.PUB (To re-create all udc's)
31)  SHUTDOWN / Reboot WITH SYSSTART
What a monumental task.  Please comment if I left something out !
Wyell Grunwald