HP3000-L Archives

April 2008, Week 2

From:
Eben Yong <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Eben Yong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 12 Apr 2008 21:56:46 -0400
Hi Folks, We're getting ready to move off our venerable HP3000 to the IBM p
Series AIX.  Was wondering a couple of things.  Looking for suggestions
concerning a job scheduler system like Maestro (I know we can use chron).
In fact, on our HP3000 we home-grew our own job scheduling system totally
based on MPEX and security/3000.  Maybe we'll do something similar on the
AIX.  But Job Rescue on the other hand I have found to be indispensable.
Great tool which, hand in hand with our custom scheduler system is able to
helpl track job aborts and also of course the $stdlists of the thousands of jobs
that we run every year.  In any case, any suggestions in terms of equivalent
replacements on the IBM p series?  Thx in advance, as always.
Eben Yong
Health Plan of San Mateo