HP3000-L Archives

March 2008, Week 3

From:
Brian Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Brian Donaldson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 21 Mar 2008 10:19:29 -0400
What I failed to mention is that first time in, the file does not exist.

The FWRITEDIR writes to logical record #7 thus creating the record.

2nd thru Nth time the FWRITEDIR keeps overwriting the same record (logical
rec #7) which is exactly what I want.

After doing a LISTF I see that the eof = 8. This is correct.

Now, this works great on the 917 but when I move it over to the 927,
recompile, link and run the program, the FWRITEDIR fails with FSERR code 40.

The aoptions on the file's FOPEN are correct -- %345, allows update i/o,
shared access, and dynamic locking.

I don't get it.

I don't know what OS the 927 is running under.

Brian.