HP3000-L Archives

March 2008, Week 2

From:
Ray Shahan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ray Shahan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 2008 09:33:12 -0500
"As a father of 4 girls and a grandfather of 1, the picture of that
little girl is very moving; we have the technology and the resources to
remedy this situation.  We just do not have the guts to ignore the
eco-nazis.  So the next time you defend AGW and the DDT ban, just
remember you are enabling the kind of suffering and despair in that
picture."

Denys, your picture is truly moving, and there are many more pictures
like this that highlight the horror in our world.  I need to thank you
for defining the single cause to these problems for me.  You see, I
always thought that (because of what I've read and been taught in
school) that there are many problems to solve.  Political corruption in
the nations with starving people as well as the nations sending help
such that millions of metric tons of grains sit in shipyards and rot,
warring bands of thugs that intercept food shipments and use them as
money/control, weather patterns that have resulted in years of drought
which in turn, has decimated the ability for aboriginal peoples to
continue living off the land as they have for generations, political
leaders that squander what little wealth a nation has to live as a king
while their subjects die of starvation, mismanagement of crops and crop
lands...the list just goes on and on.

But again, Denys, your learned self has revealed to me that all of these
other issues are merely smoke and mirrors to cloud the real problem -
those pesky eco-nazis.  Yup, now that you've cleared all this up with
this really simple explanation, we should be able to end world hunger in
about a week (you can modify this time frame if you feel it's longer
than required).

Denys, I respect you, but at times, your political one-sidedness can
really p_iss me off!!  While tree-huggers may be part of any problem,
they are also part of some other solution, but never are they (or anyone
else) the sole reason for any one problem or solution.  Ordinarily, I
try to avoid strong language, but as noted previously, you really
piss_ed me off - to send that type of graphic tragedy and then try to
say that its cause is due to some organization that you obviously don't
like is plain crap!!!

I've said my peace, you'll likely try to defend your position, but there
are times, Denys, when you need to stand down...now might just be one of
those times!!

Ok, I hope everyone has a great weekend, and if/when possible, send a
donation to a charity.