HP3000-L Archives

March 2008, Week 1

From:
Joshua Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joshua Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Mar 2008 01:17:13 -0500
Denys wrote: Does anyone remember when HP got out of the disk drive business?  I think it was around 1995.

I don't remember exactly when it was but, I think the 2490 drive was a big part of it. We had many cabinets filled with them and HP was replacing them all the time. Thank god they were mirrored! They failed so often, sometimes more than one on the same day. We actually worried the second drive in a mirrored pair might fail before HP replaced the bad one. I think we came close once or twice, the second drive failing within a week or two of the first.

Josh