HP3000-L Archives

February 2008, Week 4

From:
Gehan Gehale <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gehan Gehale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2008 15:16:59 -0600
Speaking of marians and religious zelots that brings back a memory.
It's not only the muslims we have to worry about. I spent a few months
on a job next to a good sized christian college. Hyles Anderson
University I believe the name of it was, this was around 8 or so years
ago. The company I was consulting for hired probably 30% of their
workforce from the uni. I had a chance on many occasion to shoot the
breeze with some of these guys, all of them were very strange. One day
the conversation turned to mars and sending probes there to pick up
dirt. It went something like this...

won't it be an interesting day when we find some microbes in space diirt.
it will never happen.
how can you be so sure.
our pastor gave a sermon about it.
what did he say?
that the bible doesn't say anything about life on other planets so
it's not there.
not even microbes?
if there were there then jesus would have told us about it.
maybe he wanted us to discover it ourselves?
everything we're suposed to discover is in these pages(points to bible)
really? does it tell how to find a cure for cancer?
people are always underestimating the power of prayer
you do know that eventually they will find microbes, then what will you think?
they won't so I don't even think about it

 I wish I would have gotten his card so when they do find microbes I
can write him. We had a real good argument about the bible another day
too. Something about when it was written. I believe the current best
'guess' was 200 AD. He was convinced that the writing of the bible
started around 200 BC and continued though the life of christ and soon
after his death it was 'published'.