HP3000-L Archives

February 2008, Week 1

From:
Chris Bartram <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2008 15:18:55 -0500
HP-3000 Systems Discussion wrote:
> I am having problems with my HP 3000 928RX booting properly,
> and am looking for suggestions of how to fix it.  If I get it
> to boot once, and don't turn off the power, I can reboot it
> many times just fine.  The problem comes when I turn off the
> power, then go to turn it on later.  Upon startup, the test
> phase is fine, then ....
> 128 MB of memory configured and tested.
> Primary boot path:  56/52.6 (dec)
> Alternate boot path:  56/52.0 (dec)
> Processor is booting from first available device.
> Trying Primary Boot Path

Just a guess, but I'd check the boot path after the power on... Did it lose
the setting? If so could be a battery problem.

Otherwise might be a flaky ldev#1 that either isn't coming up at all, or
takes longer to come up after a power fail/restart than the system is
willing to wait?

Try an ODE/MAPPER after the power restart to see if everything is up and
where you expect it to be.

-Chris Bartram