HP3000-L Archives

February 2008, Week 1

From:
John Bawden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Bawden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2008 11:41:32 -0800
Wesley,

Unless your current system is very much CPU bound, you may not see much of an improvement with the CPU upgrade alone. Over the years I've found that the application and database design is a major factor in overall performance and it can be hard to overcome with hardware upgrades. But if you are upgrading your discs and adding memory along with the CPU upgrade, you should see a significant improvement if the application doesn't limit everything. Is your system running decently at this time?

John Bawden
Homestead3000 Consulting
MPE Forever