HP3000-L Archives

January 2008, Week 1

From:
Christian Lheureux <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christian Lheureux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jan 2008 18:24:38 +0100
Hi Jeff,

Depending on what you really need, you may try the following :

1) Sysgen, io, ld, lp

Pro : online, no need to reboot. Just OP cap is needed, in read mode.
Con : does not fully address your original concern, unconfigured (i.e.
low-level) physical devices not shown, no firmware levels, no PDC/IODC
revisions, no CPU/bus frequencies

2) Reboot, select primary path, ODE, run mapper

Pro : gives everything you want, hardware components (well, most of them),
hardware paths, devices, firmware levels where applicable, and so on. Works
for all PA-RISC based systems, i.e. all 3000s and PA-RISC 9000s (excluding
Itanium-based Integrity servers).
Con : obviously, mandates a reboot.

If you need more, such as PDC and IODC revisions, CPU and bus frequencies,
etc, these are available during physical reboot (CTRL-B RS)

I hope this addresses at least part of your concern. If it does not, please
do not hesitate to get back to me, on- or off-list.

Season's greetings,

Christian, near Paris, France, unemployed at this moment, actively looking