HP3000-L Archives

December 2007, Week 2

From:
John Dunlop <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
John Dunlop <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Dec 2007 11:33:27 +0000
Just to add my £0.02p worth to this OT thread....

Having lived most of my life in the UK, driving on the left, during my
reasonably frequent visits to France with the car, it was vital to keep
in mind the difference when leaving the ferry and driving off through
the port.  My mantra on these occasions was "Think Right, Think Right"
which I would keep up continuously for the next 15 minutes or so until I
had subconsciously absorbed the change, much to the chagrin of my
children and anyone else in the car! :o)

On Denys' political rant........I never agree with his ravings....except
on this occasion where he's right ( well, right leaning anyway..:o)    .
The British people were promised a referendum on whether they wanted a
European Constitution. The Treaty of Lisbon is the same Constitution
previously turned down by the Dutch among others but the Bristish people
have had no opportunity to make their voice heard.

Right, that's enough.  Back to my normal routine.

John Dunlop