HP3000-L Archives

November 2007, Week 1

From:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Denys Beauchemin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2007 19:22:05 -0600
I have to say that I am mystified by all this technological discussion.  I
have no idea what is meant by "reset the HASH value," and I certainly do not
understand how this gets rid of records set for deletion.  Indeed, I'm not
sure how one would flag a record for later deletion by IMAGE.

On the other hand, I think that when you delete all records in a detail
dataset the delete chain gets reset automagically.  At least it think it
does or did or perhaps I was just imagining things.  I don't really have the
time to check right now, but it might be worthwhile doing that, even if it's
just to prove that my memory is faulty.

Denys...