HP3000-L Archives

November 2007, Week 1

From:
Matthew Perdue <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Matthew Perdue <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2007 11:53:29 -0600
Quoting Kimber Renk <[log in to unmask]>:

> It's been a while working with an HP3000.
>
> I have Re-installed the operating system MPE 5.5 patch 7 on a 918.
>
> Everything works fine accept for the spooler.   These are the commands:
>
> :file out;dev=lp;cctl
> :listf a@,2;*out
> OUT OF DISC SPACE  (FSERR 46)
>             ^
> File system error 46 encountered on list file. (CIERR 425)
> :
> I have check out.hpspool and it has no limits on space.
>
> I have check the security and it's set per the manual.
>
> I can build and purge files to out.hpspool account.
>
> I have over a million sectors on the disk for spooling.
>
> Any Ideas?
> Kimber Renk

Yes. Since you've got a 918, it will run 7.5. Get 7.5 on that box unless you
have some compelling reason to use 5.5. You won't be able to get ANY patches
for 5.5 and it appears you won't be able to get any documentation for 5.5 on
HP's web sites either (if memory serves HP has removed anything prior to 6.5,
but I read that in passing in another post somewhere).