HP3000-L Archives

November 2007, Week 1

From:
Chuck Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chuck Ryan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2007 10:45:07 -0600
-----Original Message-----
From: HP-3000 Systems Discussion [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Eric Sand
Sent: Thursday, November 01, 2007 1:48 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Fwd: [HP3000-L] Bay Pointe Technology

Hi Folks,
     I don't use "anti-spam software" on my Mac per se, but I do
accomplish the same thing with almost no effort on my part. I receive
email via my domain name and I use the Gmail server(after setting up
an account) to retrieve it and apply its latest anti-spam techniques
to what it retrieves. I then direct my Mac mail client to retrieve
what Gmail has decided is valid email. If I think something has been
overlooked I can always go to Gmail and examine what it has decided
is "spam" and make a correction there if necessary.

     Gmail has all the software settings to accommodate almost any
construction of reply and forward headers you might want to set up.

     Spam is non-existent for me and I let Gmail do the heavy lifting.

            Eric Sand

So you are comfortable letting a 3rd party that you have no agreement
with, other than to absolve them of all liability, store business
related emails and scan them to decide which ones you should receive?

Comments are my own, not my employer's... etc.